Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Eclipse: Native proxy setting goes missing, breaking network connectivity

Leave a Comment

For no discernible reason, the native proxy provider (see pic) of my Eclipse (Photon 4.8) sometimes goes missing. This results in Eclipse no longer having internet access. I have not found a way to add this provider again except restarting Eclipse.

enter image description here

My main two questions are: Can I add this provider again once it goes missing? What could be the reason why it vanishes in the first place?

2 Answers

Answers 1

At the bottom of the Network Connections dialog, you should see a Restore Defaults button. For most cases, that should suffice.

enter image description here

Answers 2

This problem occurs when using some photon versions. I had the same problem, but I downgrade version and everything was fine. There is a reporting bug in Click bugzilla.

If this problem persists, report your case. Nothing can be done to fix the problem at runtime.

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment