Wednesday, August 24, 2016

How to keep “new solution explorer views” after reload a project in Visual Studio 2015?

Leave a Comment

Every time I load my project I do organize my workspace into 3 "new solution explorer view". One Solution Explorer for the views folder, one for the models folder and the last one for the controllers folder.

However when I close and reopen my project it is set back to the default workspace. Is possible to keep those created solution explorer views ?

The Save workspace option don't work with multiples solutions explorers.

1 Answers

Answers 1

Unfortunately, the short answer is "you can't". I have been attempting to find a solution utilising the MS Macro addin, and some of the other tools available, but none of them seems to be able to automate the opening of additional solution views, let alone a way of persisting them once they are set up.

I was quite surprised that the "Save Window Layout" feature in VS2015 doesn't allow you to do this either. It simply ignores any additional solution views. My theory on this is that, as the views are solution specific, it doesn't make sense to have them persisted as a default for the entire environment.

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment