Monday, February 27, 2017

MvcBuildViews true causes “'/temp' is not a valid IIS application” error

Leave a Comment

After setting MvcBuildViews to true in my .csproj file in order to have the views compile during build, I get the following error:

'/temp' is not a valid IIS application

I presume that the '/temp' that this is referring to is the path where the views will be compiled. Here's the relevant section in the .csproj file:

<Target Name="MvcBuildViews" AfterTargets="AfterBuild" Condition="'$(MvcBuildViews)'=='true'">     <AspNetCompiler VirtualPath="temp" PhysicalPath="$(WebProjectOutputDir)" /> </Target> 

I use full IIS to serve up this MVC 5 website on my local machine (haven't tried this on a remote server yet). Do I need to set something up in IIS to make MvcBuildViews work correctly?

1 Answers

Answers 1

See this, I guess you've to make IIS virtual directory names temp to point to this application.

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment