Friday, March 17, 2017

How do I fix homebrew error message about “No available formula”

Leave a Comment

When I run brew doctor, I get the following results:

Error: No available formula with the name "coin-or-tools/coinor/clp"  Please tap it and then try again: brew tap coin-or-tools/coinor 

I've never deliberately installed clp, although this message started showing up after I installed why3, which I later deleted (because I intend to use the approach suggested by Laboratoire de Recherche en Informatique instead).

As an experiment, I decided to just go ahead and tap that keg, but I then got the following results:

▶ brew doctor Error: Formulae found in multiple taps:   * coin-or-tools/coinor/coin_data_sample  * dreal/coinor/coin_data_sample 

I then tried untapping dreal/coinor and installing clp, but this failed because Required package CoinUtils not available. At this point, I felt like I was probably going too deep down this rabbit hole and pulled up, specifically, I untapped coin-or-tools/coinor and retapped dreal/coinor. Naturally, the original problem persists.

What is the best approach for fixing this problem, or should I just fight my OCD tendencies and just ignore it?

0 Answers

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment