Thursday, April 14, 2016

/dev/kvm not found on mac

Leave a Comment

So I've been working with android studio 2.0 beta on my Mac and AVD was working fine.

But then I notice that android studio can't launch AVD now. It says /dev/kvm not found. enable VT-x in your bios security settings, ensure that your linux distro has working kvm module.

enter image description here

The thing is: I didn't touch bios settings at all. Possible causes :

  • VMWare - I was playing with virtual machines and configuring new networks for vm's just before I noticed the error.
  • CleanMyMac - I also used this app to clean the system
  • other causes are possible, but I never entered BIOS or touched system settings

The solutions on resolving this issue I found all refer to Linux, rather than Mac. How would I fix this?

1 Answers

Answers 1

Enter your VM settings and then search for virtualization engine : Check the virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-RVI option. This should resolve the problem.

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment