Monday, September 11, 2017

Share class name between JavaScript and SASS with Webpack?

Leave a Comment

How can I share a class name as a variable between my JavaScript and SASS with Webpack?

Im already sharing an integer this way:

In my SASS:

$animationSpeed: 400; :export {   animationSpeed: $animationSpeed; } 

In my JS:

import styles from './styles.scss'; const animationSpeed = parseInt(styles.animationSpeed); 

I can make the classname a variable with this in my SASS:

$animationClass: item--animating; :export {   animationClass: $animationClass; } .#{$animationClass} {   // styles here } 

However this in my JS doenst work. I assume its because parseInt is for integers.

const animationClass = parseInt(styles.animationClass); 

1 Answers

Answers 1

Doh! It was really simple:

$animationClass: item--animating; :export {   animationClass: $animationClass; } .#{$animationClass} {   // styles here }  import styles from './styles.scss'; const animationClass = styles.animationClass; 
If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment