Saturday, December 30, 2017

Selenium hangs when using actionchain().move then actionchain.click or mouse_up

Leave a Comment

I'm using selenium2library for automation testing for drag drop action. I'm running on windows 8 64bit, selenium 2.48.0, ride.py. Browser used to test: firefox and chrome latest stable version

what I did was to create a dummy html page with input text and a link, and try drag that link into the input text

Here is the html:

<div id="wrapper">  <input id="target" type="text" style="width:200px; height:50px" /> </div> <a id="source" href="http://google.com" >drag me </a> 

And here is my python code for automation:

class CustomSeleniumLibrary(Selenium2Library): ...     def test_drag(self):         self.open_browser("http://localhost:8080/a.html", "firefox")         source = self._element_find("//a[@id='source']", True, True)         target = self._element_find("//input[@id='target']", True, True)         drag = ActionChains(self._current_browser()).click_and_hold(source)         moveDum = ActionChains(self._current_browser()).move_by_offset(1,1)         move = ActionChains(self._current_browser()).move_to_element_with_offset(target,1,1)         #I have also tried ActionChains().drag_and_drop().perform() or make a dummy move move_by_offset followed by move_to_element_with_offset but no use         drag.perform()         moveDum.perform()        move.perform() 

What I found is when the move finish or mouse_down() finish, the next action is not performed, I can see the link get holded, but no move action performs until I manually move my mouse on the browser. ride.py UI flicks at that time and the request: 16:24:47.042 : DEBUG : POST http://127.0.0.1:58095/hub/session/fa7590b6-396f-4cb5-a08a-e35138a9216e/moveto {"sessionId": "fa7590b6-396f-4cb5-a08a-e35138a9216e", "element": "{6586b4ae-3c51-4e18-bb40-e006af369768}", "xoffset": 1, "yoffset": 1}

hangs forever until I move the mouse manually on the browser

Do anyone of you got the same problem, or did I do something wrong? And do you have any suggestion for using draganddrop feature using robotframework selenium2library?

Best regards, Dan

1 Answers

Answers 1

I cannot check it, but as I remember ActionChains works in this way:

actions = ActionChains(self._current_browser()) actions.click_and_hold(source) actions.move_by_offset(1,1) actions.move_to_element_with_offset(target,1,1) actions.perform() 

Let me know if this code works incorrectly

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment