Wednesday, March 28, 2018

How Android Layout editor works?

Leave a Comment

before answering the question, keep in mind I have experience developing Android apps, I even know how to build an APK using Android SDK command line.

I want to build an utility that parses the layout file (.xml) and renders a preview. Summary: A layout previewer.

I've checked the source code of the isInEditMode() method, but it doesn't help, it only returns false

public boolean isInEditMode() {     return false; } 

I can't simply display images, because the Android Studio layout editor renders the preview according to:

  • The layout file
  • The styles file
  • The strings file (in case text uses a string resource)
  • The isInEditMode() method mentioned above
  • The .java file (for custom views)

The tools I'd need to use (e.g.: javac, aapt, aidl, dx, etc.) is not a problem for me.

At least I need to know where to start.

0 Answers

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment