Monday, April 23, 2018

DatePickerIOS not working because of design in react-native

Leave a Comment

I'm facing issue that when I choose date from DatePickerIOS it allows me to choose month but when I scroll date and year it doesn't allow me to choose/scroll and it is caused due to width problem. The code is given below:

<View style={{flex:1}}>    <TouchableOpacity         activeOpacity={0.8}         onPress={this._selectFromDate}        style={s.flex_direction_row}    >         <Text style={s.detail_txtinput_drpdown}>            {this.state.from_d}         </Text>         <Icon style={s.calendar_icon} name="md-calendar" size={33} color="#00796b"/>    </TouchableOpacity>    {         this.state.showFromDatePicker ?            <DatePickerIOS               date={this.state.from_date}               onDateChange={(from_date)=>this._onFromDateChange(from_date)}               mode="date"            />         :           null    } </View> 

when I use flex:1 then it looks like below:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/PS7fp.png

and when I remove flex:1 it looks like below:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/5oktw.png

in second image I can select/scroll month(April) but I can't select/scroll date and year. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

1 Answers

Answers 1

I just change place of DatePickerIOS's View I removed it from <TouchableOpacity>'s View and put it in main <View> after <View style={{flex:1}}>. It solved my problem.

<View style={{flex:1}}>     <TouchableOpacity          activeOpacity={0.8}          onPress={this._selectFromDate}         style={s.flex_direction_row}      >         <Text style={s.detail_txtinput_drpdown}>            {this.state.from_d}         </Text>         <Icon style={s.calendar_icon} name="md-calendar" size={33} color="#00796b"/>    </TouchableOpacity> </View> <View style={{justifyContent: 'center'}}>   {     this.state.showFromDatePicker ?        <DatePickerIOS           date={this.state.from_date}           onDateChange={(from_date)=>this._onFromDateChange(from_date)}           mode="date"        />     :       null   } </View> 
If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment