Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Netbeans and Eclipse doesn't show modal window and locks itself on MAC

Leave a Comment

I have downloaded Netbeans 8.1 on OSX and when I try to install Darcula theme it is not possible. I press install and the way IDE responds is like situation when user dialogue pops out which locks the application until user acts upon the dialogue. However this dialogue is not visible! The way I know it is there is because when I press ESC button, IDE is responsive back again.

unresponsive IDE with invisible user dialogue

The same happens when I go to preferences and click "Import" button. Application locks itself but I don't see any dialogue that I can do something about.

This happens also on Eclipse. As you can see in a picture below after I clicked "Add libraries", tab "Libraries" turned from blue to gray because some unvisible window has opened and rest of IDE is unresponsive until I press "ESC"(which usually closes the modal window).

enter image description here

EDIT: I just found out that this happens when IDE is maximized. So I would like to know if I can fix it somehow that I don't have to un-maximize IDE everytime editor shows me some dialog.

1 Answers

Answers 1

For Eclipse this has been reported as bug 478975 but as yet there is no fix.

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment